Over the past couple of years, I went from “sometimes putting eyeliner and lipstick on” to learning how to take care of your skin and how to do that with makeup. I just wanted to share the love for all things beauty and skin-care related. Let me know what you think!
I promised a blog post about lip stuff, so here it is! There’s no real theme to this! There should have been, but I really just pulled some lip stuff that I saw and wanted to write a blog post about.
- Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien – This is like a rosey pinkish color that adds a little sheen to my lips! I like it because it goes on really smooth and you can put it on in a hurry. The only thing I don’t like about the Nars lip pencils are the fact you have to sharpen them with a sharpener. That’s super annoying. I got this as a gift from Sephora for my birthday last year! I haven’t used much because I don’t like sharpening it, but I think I’ve gotten over it now and have started using it more. This smells kinda perfume-y!
- City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini – I love lip tints, lip paints and lip stains, they just totally make my day. They stay on really long and you can layer them. It’s awesome! Anyway, this one mimics my natural pinkish lip color so I really like it. I got this as a sample an ipsy bag! It smells kinda fruity and I love it.
- Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Romantic – Like I said, love love love lip stains. This one stays on forever and is moisturizing. I love this so much. I bought this one myself from a Walgreens on a hunch I’d like it, and I love it! It has a nice mint-y smell that all their Colorburst products seem to have (I have another one not pictured) and I love it so much!
- noyah lipstick in Deeply in Mauve – I honestly never really liked mauve. Until this lipstick. This gives me a really bold lip without being too crazy. I really like it, and therefore almost never wear it because I don’t want to use it up. I’ll vow right now to use it more! It came in an ipsy bag and I’m forever grateful!
- NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Red Rapture – I love deep red lipstick, but it doesn’t like me. My face is usually very, very red so when I put red lipstick on, let just say I look pretty stupid. But this lipstick has cool undertones and doesn’t make me look dumb! In fact, I think this is the only red lipstick I didn’t throw away in my most recent makeup purge. (In the Sephora/Nars gift I got, they also gave me a deep red lip pencil that I don’t hate and I also didn’t throw away. Just putting it out there!) Best part, it smells like cherries and therefore it’s awesome.
You can view the full swatches (and how they look on my arm) if you click below!
Let me know if you like any of these products! I went from “I use this almost everyday” to “I almost never use this because it’s so awesome” so let me know what you think of that! And I tried taking pictures of the lipstick on my lips, but wow, makeup photography is really, really hard you guys. It’s super hard. Thanks for reading!